The Top Restaurant Brands
The Best Burger Restaurant in the U.S. is Five Guys. That’s the word from an annual Harris Poll EquiTrend of the top American restaurant brands. Five Guys grabbed the crown for burger brand of the year from two-time leader In-N-Out Burger. The 2017 restaurant brands of the year:
- Best burger restaurant: Five Guys
- Best casual dining restaurant: The Cheesecake Factory
- Best chicken restaurant: Chick-fil-A
- Best coffee and quick service restaurant: Starbucks Coffee Shop
- Best fast casual Mexican restaurant: Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Best ice cream and frozen yogurt shop: Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Shop
- Best pizza chain: Papa John’s Pizza
- Best sandwich shop: Subway
More facts to know and tell:
- Eleven percent of millennials and 10 percent of Gen Xers visit Starbucks daily. That’s not surprising, since Starbucks is actively pursuing this age group with an engaging rewards app and the high-end Starbucks Reserve brand.
- While McDonald’s has the highest score for familiarity across all burger restaurants, Five Guys won because it’s tops in purchase consideration. Following Five Guys for top burger restaurant are (in order): Shake Shack, Wendy’s, Culver’s, Whataburger, McDonald’s, SONIC America’s Drive-In, Smashburger and Steak ‘n Shake.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill retains its title of best fast casual Mexican restaurant for the second year in a row even though it has a relatively low rating for familiarity; however, it leads for quality and purchase consideration. Baja Fresh Mexican Grill and Taco Bell follow Moe’s in brand equity ratings. Chipotle, which led the category from 2013 to 2015 but now ranks below the category average.
- Subway is the best sandwich shop for the seventh consecutive year, while Chick-fil-A takes top chicken restaurant honors for the fourth consecutive year.
- For the first time since 2012, Papa John’s is the pizza chain brand of the year, unseating Pizza Hut because of high ratings for quality and purchase consideration.